Meet our School Councillors of 2020/2021!
St Joseph’s School Council is made up of two representatives from each class (Reception to Year 6) who have been elected by their classmates.
Our School Councillors are responsible for suggesting positive ways in which the school could be improved or developed. It is the role of the School Councillors to represent the views of their classmates and to communicate ideas for school improvement from all of the children in their class.
The School Councillors attend fortnightly meeting with Miss Allen, the School Council Leader, to bring forward their classmates’ suggestions. Following the meeting, School Councillors share the minutes from their meeting and update their class with any news or information discussed.
Over the past few years our School Council have achieved many great things including:
- Working with the Lunchtime Team to provide new equipment for the playground and wet play games for each class
- Liaising with the Kitchen Team to redesign the lunch menu to include ‘School Favourites’
- Planning our yearly ‘Children In Need’ events
- Working with Mrs Byrne and the Senior Management Team to suggest ideas and organise the fundraising for our annual Advent Project
- Contributing to the redesign of the local playground on George Row