Teaching & Learning – Aims and purposes
Any attempt to continue to raise standards in our school must be focused on the classroom. Continued and sustained improvement is dependent upon sustaining the high quality of teaching and learning that is taking place on a daily basis.
Across our school the expectation is that all pupils are provided with high quality learning experiences that lead to consistently high levels of pupil achievement. We expect every teacher to be a good teacher – no child deserves less.
By adopting a whole school approach to teaching and learning across our school, we aim:
- to provide consistency of teaching and learning across our school.
- to enable teachers to teach as effectively as possible.
- to enable children to learn as efficiently as possible.
- to give children the skills they require to become effective lifelong learners.
- to provide an inclusive education for all children.
- to learn from each other, through the adoption of a collaborative, enquiry based approach to teaching and learning, where good practice is shared.
St Joseph’s EYFS Curriculum Framework:
St Joseph’s Years 1 – 6 Curriculum Frameworks:
For the 2022-2023 Curriculum Framework for years 1, 2, 3 and 4, please refer to Cycle B.
- Y1+2 Curriculum Framework – Cycle A
- Y3 & 4 Curriculum Framework – Cycle A
- Year 5 – Curriculum Framework
- Year 6 – Curriculum Framework