Teachers: Miss Allen (Monday, Tuesday) & Miss Anderson (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday)
Teaching Assistant/s: Miss Dixon, Mrs Dixon & Ms Figueroa
Welcome to Joseph Class!
Meet the Team
Miss Allen will be teaching on Monday and Tuesday, and Miss Anderson will be teaching Wednesday to Friday. Miss Allen and Miss Anderson share a love of coffee, chocolate- and of course, reading!
We are very lucky to be assisted by some wonderful members of staff. Mrs Dixon, Miss Dixon and Ms Figueroa will be supporting across the Year 3 and 4 Phase this year. Miss Soutter will be working with us on Mondays and Fridays until the end of September, when she starts her new job! Mrs O’Mahony will support our children with reading on a Friday.
Miss Anderson and Miss Allen first worked in Joseph Class together on a Geography project all the way back in 2011! Miss Anderson was the class teacher, and Miss Allen volunteered whilst at Sixth Form, before beginning her teaching degree.
What Makes Joseph Class Special?
“Together, we’re a loving a caring family.” – Clara
“The reading times and relationships in our class are what makes us special.” – Liberty
“I like being in Joseph Class because it’s challenging and fun.” – Gabriel
Miss Allen & Miss Anderson’s Fab Five!
- D.E.A.R— Drop Everything and Read! Reading every single day is essential to help you with all areas of your learning. Reading underpins all that we do, and in order to develop your reading skills, you must read as often as you can!
- Times Tables— You must practise your times tables, and corresponding division facts in order to develop instant recall. This means knowing your times tables without having to count on your fingers.
- Spellings— There are many words that we need to write that can be tricky to spell. You must learn the spelling rules and then apply these when writing, in order to improve your written pieces.
- Little and Often! Remember, this is our approach to homework. We would much rather you spend 5 minutes practising your spellings/ times tables daily, than half an hour once a week.
- Try, and try again — Mistakes are part of the learning process, and we won’t expect you to get everything correct first time. Remember, all we ask is that you try your best!
Please find below a link for your child’s class newsletter for this half term.
To download the latest Curriculum Newsletter, CLICK HERE.